Last month, I shared with you some of my health challenges and the changes I planned to tackle. Once a month, I will share with you what I am learning, what is working, as well as my successes and failures.
This month I made the following changes…
- I eliminated dairy, sugar, and gluten
- I started lifting weights 2 times/week
- I committed to 30 minutes of cardio exercise 5 times/week
- I took the Whole 30 challenge – eliminated the above foods and the results were phenomenal – I slept better, I was less bloated, and had more energy.
- I lost 3 lbs., gained 2.3% lean mass, and decreased my body fat by 2.4%, and lost 8 lbs. of Body Fat
- I had some back sliding moments with food due to stressful days and schedules. (I could tell the difference in how I felt when I didn’t eat well.
- Some of the cardio days, I only put in 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes.
Something new that I tried…
- Zucchini Pizza (I added onions, but skipped the cheese)
- Meal Prep on the weekend in preparation for the week ahead- I grilled up all of the meat I would eat during the week.
- I sautéed onions, green peppers, and mushrooms to put in with my eggs for breakfast.
I am praying for the right perspective, as I walk this road with God. I want to take good care of the body that God has given me, but in a balanced way that honors Him.
My goals for next month…
- Continue to change my eating habits.
- Try some new meals from the Paleo Kitchen Cookbook
- Lift weights 3 x’s /week
- Cardio 5 x’s/week
- Continue to lose body fat & gain lean body mass.
I will report back next month, but in the meantime, please know that I am praying for you as you seek to live a healthy, balanced life!